2009 is going to be the Year of Decisions. I'm tired of my WIP pile getting out of control. I often lose interest in a project or fall out of love with it. Sometimes it was just not the right project and I leave it thinking it's a shame to frog it. But no more. This year, I challenge all of you to join me in the Finish or Frog It 2009 knitalong. Here are the rules. They're pretty simple.
- On Friday, take a moment to evaluate your knitting projects.
- Decide if you can either finish something or frog it.
- If you finish a project, post a picture with the Finishing Friday button below. Link to this post so others will know about the Knitalong.
- Tell us how it feels to have finally finished this project and let us know how long it's been on your UFO or WIP list.
- If you frog a project, post a picture with the Frogging Friday button below. Link to this post so others will know about the Knitalong.
- Tell us when you started it. Tell us why you fell out of love with it. Tell us how you plan to re-purpose the yarn.
- I have officially started a Ravelry Group called Finish or Frog It. Post your pictures there, add a comment to the appropriate discussion thread (Finish or Frog) or email me or leave a comment with a link to your post so I can keep track of whose finished and whose frogged what.
- I'll have a monthly prize give away for the random Finished O and the Frogged O.
- There is no requirement to either finish or frog an item every single Friday. Friday is simply a benchmark to remind you to reflect. Go at your own pace. Once a week; once a month; once a quarter or even once a year. Use Friday as your incentive or reality check.
Here's the button you should use if you complete a project for Finishing Friday. You know the rules. Please save this image to your own computer before posting it on your blog.
Here's the button you should use if you frog a project for Frogging Friday. Same linking rules apply.
There. That's my New Year's Resolution. Want to join me?