Yesterday while my friends came over for knitting and lunch, I managed to pick up the red Kyler's Kardigan and work on my variation. You'll remember that I'm not following the pattern as written. I've decided to make the pouch more like the Wallaby pouch. For a refresher of what I did, check THIS POST.
When we last saw our intrepid Kyler's Kardigan, the front pockets had been fused to the bottom of the sweater. There was an opening on the button band side that I promised to close when I picked up the button band. So here goes the pic-tutorial.
I knit the 2 rows of garter stitch and am ready to bind off. On the right side of the sweater I did the bind off knit-wise to give the final bump on the public side of the sweater which fit in nicely with the garter stitch rib.