It's Day 7 of the Second Annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week - 2KCBWDay7 - and we're supposed to talk about our knitting and crochet time.
Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.
Tips: Last year we had a topic asking about the actual location of where you knit or craft, this is similar but not the same. Try and concentrate on all of the little aspects that make up your knitting time. Maybe you always head for for your Flaming Lips CD when taking on simple knitting but prefer a bit of Brahms when tackling more intricate work, or maybe you enjoy knitting with audiobooks or complete silence. Perhaps your crochet time is never complete without a cuddle from Tiddles the cat.
It's probably easier to tell you about the times I don't knit. Seriously. I am always knitting.
- I don't knit while I'm driving a car. The fact that I actually have to say this out loud is a little scary. There are people who knit and drive. People. Really? Don't knit and drive.
- I don't knit in Church or any house of worship. This includes weddings, funerals, etc. I was brought up to understand that a house of worship is for worship, prayer and meditation.
- I don't knit during my doctor's visit. You probably think you've caught me in a lie here. I definitely knit while waiting for the doctor... but once the doctor or nurse shows up, I put my knitting away.
- I don't knit in bed. I know many knitters do. I'm not one of them. I'm just afraid of what might happen were I to start.
Here are the most common places you'll see me knitting
- In front of my computer while watching my latest Netflix addiction (Right now I'm watching Angel - the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin-off)
- In front of the TV while watching something with BF like baseball or one of our favorite shows.
- While a passenger in a car. I LOVE being a passenger. I especially love being a passenger on a long road trip. Passenger time = lots of knitting time. What could be better?
- During my weekly knitting group. This only happens once a week, but it's by far my happiest knitting time. That doesn't mean it's my most productive, but it's definitely a very happy time. I love hanging out with the wonderful friends who make up my group.
- While on the plane or train. Anytime I can travel, I will definitely have a project in hand -- most likely hand knit socks.
That about sums it up. My knitting time is just about any moment of free time. I probably knit even when I should be doing something else. But the knitting just keeps calling my name. What can I say?