Do you remember way back in 2009 when I was zooming through the Ribby Cardi and it looked like an actual sweater FO was on the horizon?
Then *BAM* there was a problem with the sleeves - they would never fit the armholes.
I cried. I bit the bullet. I pulled the plug. I frogged.
I ramen noodled.
And then I did nothing.
And then I did some more nothing.
Seasons came and went.
Secundogeniture entered middle school.
Primogeniture became a senior.
And finally, I decided the time had come to conquer my fears. And I cast on for the sleeves once more.
I carefully knit the sleeves checking my progress against the pattern at regular intervals. I entered the dreaded sleeve caps with fear and trepidation. And this time, I completed them successfully.
So now my two newly knit sleeves are blocking - waiting to be joined to the body - and become one Ribby Cardi. I suppose I really should have jumped immediately back into the saddle. Two years was perhaps too long. I can almost taste the sweet success of a FO.