Calling all knitters! First of all - THANKS - for all your support for my sister and her family as they try to rebuild after the Missouri River Flood of 2011. My hope is that with the sale of my yarn stash I can raise enough money so they can move back in as soon as possible.
The sale begins on October 11 and runs for ten days or until I'm sold out. You'll get a discount on the yarn and I'll even include the first class shipping charges (to United States addresses only). Please leave a comment telling me which yarn you'd like to purchase. It will be sold on a first come first served basis (so if you comment first - you'll have first choice). Once you've made your offer - I'll edit this post to reflect the changes and availability of the yarn that's left.
I'll email you about payment information. Once payment is received, I'll ship weekdays via USPS first class mail.
This is a Win-Win Situation. You get some fabulous new fiber for your stash - and you help me help my sister.
Disclaimer - All yarn is from a smoke-free house with one wild, wacky and completely lovable Wilma the Wonder Dog (English Bulldog). My yarn is stored in my Knit Nook on the shelves like a knitting store.
All proceeds (100%) will go to help my sister Ellen, her husband, their three children (ages 8-11), one dog, one cat, and one tadpole, make the basic (and I mean basic!) repairs to their flood ravaged home so they can move back into their home as soon as possible.
1. Tanglewood Fiber Creations: 6 skeins of handspun/hand-dyed yarn - 50% cashmere 50% silk in a bulky weight (or is it a heavy worsted?) = approx 518 yards and 22 ounces PLUS 1 skein of worsted weight for edging = 4.5 ounces and 256 yards. I paid $927.50. Yours for $820!
2. Qiviuk - SOLD - 3 skeins of this amazing 50% qiviuk 50% silk blend. Sells for $220. Yours for only $180.
3. Tanglewood Fiber Creations - 1 skein of Edelweiss - 50% angora 15% cashmere 25% silk - handspun in 3.75 oz and approx 290 yards of worsted weight yarn. I paid $132. Yours for $120.
4. Tanglewood Fiber Creations - SOLD - 1 skein Northwest Winter - 60% merino 20% angora 20% cashmere - 4 ounces approx 276 yards - worsted weight. I paid $140. Yours for $120
5. Prism - Kasmir - SOLD - 2 skeins of a light buttery yellow aran/worsted weight yarn in 65% cashmere 35% silk. Sells for $90. Yours for only $75.
PROJECT YARN - enough for a sweater (sized children to adult depending on the package)
6. Koigu KPM - SOLD - navy blue - 9 skeins of 100% merino - color 1010/43 lot - 450 grams 1575 yards. You get the bargain price I paid of only $94.50 (save $27!)
7. Porto Cervo - 9 skeins of this lovely denim blue 100% cotton yarn - Color 40/0070 lot; 450 grams; 792 yards for only $55
8. Morehouse Wool Merino - SOLD - 4 skeins of Autumn Leaves Merino (orange/red) - 100% Merino; 6.5 ounces and 510 yards. Yours for $50.
9. Debbie Bliss - Cotton Angora - SOLD - 7 skeins of this Navy Blue 80% Cotton 20% Angora yarn - color 15516/01 Lot with 350 grams and 630 meters. Yours for $45
10. Classic Elite's Avignon - SOLD - 11 skein of this black 85% Pima Cotton 15% Tussah Silk yarn with 550 grams and 1265 yards. It's yours for $50.
11. Malabrigo - SOLD - 4 skeins of Glazed Carrot (16) in 100% merino; 14 ounces and 864 yards is yours for $40.
12. Cotton Classic - 7 skeins of this 100% cotton in 2390 Yellow with 12.25 ounces and 756 yards is yours for $37.
13. Plymouth Yarn - Baby Alpaca Grande Paint - - SOLD - 6 skeins of multi-colored (8817/31554) in 100% baby alpaca with 400 grams and 440 yards is yours for $75
MISCELLANEOUS PROJECTS - HATS, GLOVES, SCARVES
14. Kauni Effekt - SOLD - (these are the same skeins - just at different colorpoints. 2 skeins of 100% wool in color W-ex - 200 grams; 800 meters - yours for $36
15. Morehouse Wool School Bus Scarf - SOLD - See Site - 2 skeins of 100% merino is yours for $20.
16. Alpaca Silk - SOLD - 2 skeins of tan (125/2477) 50% alpaca 50% silk; 100 grams; 292 yards is yours for $18.
17. Jamieson's Shetland Double Knitting - SOLD - 2 skeins of Sapphire (676) in 100% Shetland wool; 4 ounces; 340 yards is yours for $15.
18. Lorna's Laces - SOLD - Chocolate (36ns/6694) - 80% superwash wool 20% nylon; 430 yards - yours for $18
19. Koigu KPM - SOLD - 2 skeins of 100% merino color 1010s7 (lavender/periwinkle); 100 grams; 350 yards is yours for $22
20. Knitting Iris' naturally hand-dyed sock yarn - SOLD - so sorry to let this one go - 1 skein of 75% wool 25% nylon - naturally hand dyed with Calum Mordant - 100grams and 437 yards - yours for $16.
21. Knitting Iris' naturally hand-dyed sock yarn - SOLD - so sorry to let this one go - 1 skein of 75% wool 25% nylon - naturally hand dyed with Cosmos Sulphureus - 100grams and 440 yards - yours for $16.
22 - TOFUtsies - SOLD -two skeins - one pink and one a blue/purple mix - 50% superwash wool 25% soysilk fibers 22.5% cotton and 2.5%chitin; each skein has 100 grams and 425 meters. Both are yours for $25.
23. Prism Saki - SOLD - 1 skein of Ebony - 80% merino 20% nylon; 4 grams; 430 yards for only $25
24. Pagewood Farm Yukon - SOLD - 1 skein Forest Camo (green mix) 70% merino superwash 20% bamboo 10% nylon; 3.8 ounces; 450 yards - yours for $18
25. Sock Yarnista from Three Irish Girls - SOLD- 1 skein of 80% superwash BFL 20% nylon; 4 ounces; 450 yards for $18
26. Lisa Souza Hardtwist Petite - SOLD - 1 skein Deep Pink 100% superwash merino; 100 grams; 500 yards for $18.
27. Abstract Fiber - SOLD -1 skein Birch (light greens) in 50% superwash merino 50% tencel; 3.5 ounces; 380 yards for only $20
Whew! That was a great deal of work to post all of this yarn. It was really hard to go through my yarn stash and find some gems I thought you would like to purchase - and that might actually make a difference. Some yarns are very hard to part with. But I'm so devastated by my sister's plight, that I really want to be able to make a difference. When I think of it that way, it's easy. I really appreciate your help with my efforts to get Ellen's family back in their home. I hope that what you knit with this wonderful yarn will bring you much happiness knowing it's going to a good great cause!