As usually happens when I knit a feel good project, I immediately cast on for another charity baby blanket. If you've been reading my blog, you know I run in cycles. I like to knit something until it's run its course. This often means I'll knit the same thing several times. It makes me more efficient. I learn as I knit... the pattern... the rhythm... some mistakes.... what yarn works best.... how much yarn.... etc.
I used the following:
- US Size 15 needles (could have used either 15 or 13s)
- 2 skeins Red Heart Baby Econo - Color 1926 Sweet Dreams
- 1 skein - Red Heart Soft Baby - Color 7737 Powder Pink
- 1 skein - unlabeled pink yarn - probably Red Heart or Caron
- Pattern - Major Knitter's Oh So Soft Baby Blanket
I knit this for a solid two days straight and am happy to present a FO in no time at all. I probably should have given it a rest, but it was the perfect back-to-school knitting.
Now I have two blankets to send to Jackson Recovery Centers' Women & Children's Center. Yippy.