This weekend BF and I came to Washington, DC. We took advantage of this trip to meet up with many of my military buddies. Not everyone was available, but we did manage to get in touch with four amazing women in the Navy and Marine Corps world who are phenomenal leaders and individuals. Here are the pictures from our get togethers.
Shanti and I pose at an amazing cupcake bakery near 8th and I Streets in southeast DC.
Margie and I pose outside the restaurant where we met for breakfast in Garrisonville.
Kristi and I pose inside the Japanese restaurant where we met for lunch in Q-town.
Now, I told you these ladies were amazing. Try to guess which jobs and hobbies fit which ladies. More than one job/hobby might fit more than one dynamic lady.
- Retired Marine/Former Marine field grade officer (e.g. Major or Lieutenant Colonel)
- Commander in the Navy
- Fluent Japanese speaker
- NRA certified pistol instructor
- Small business owner - employing more than a dozen local people!
- Belly dancer
- Great conversationalist
- Make up part of the 16% of female officers in the Navy
- Make up part of the 6% of female officers in the Marine Corps
- Board member
- Former FBI
- Cross Trainer
- Cross Stitcher
- Scout leader
- Works as a civilian with the military
- Fluent Portuguese speaker
- College student
- Masters student
I'm not going to tell you who's who... but suffice it to say that there are only five of us and more than 26 items to choose from. Any one of these items would be cool in and of themselves - but these ladies never turn down a challenge. I think that's what I like about being a female officer in the military. There's not much that really scares us. We see everything as a new opportunity to excel.
Kudos to you, my friends. You are true inspirations!