Just as I was finishing winding some wool, things went a little crazy.
My swift broke. Literally, one of the cogs in the wheel cracked under pressure. Not sure what to do or how to fix it, I did what I normally do in these situations. I called Primogeniture. He's my fix-it man. He clearly sees the simple solutions and can fix most everything.
Sure enough, he came over, said we should try glueing it first. We went to the hardware store and bought some wood glue. He glued it. It's nearly as good as new. Primogeniture even informs me that the new bond made will be stronger than the actual wood itself.
I haven't tried it again since The Incident, but I've definitely got my fingers crossed.