First of all, thank you to everyone for all your kind comments about my Mom, the blankets and the Jackson Recovery Centers Women and Children's Center. Many of you asked me how you can help. I am overwhelmed with your kindness and generosity.
- Using worsted weight acrylic yarn, knit up 7x9 inch swatches for future blankets.
- Use any stitch pattern you like.
- Use any color you like.
- Please use smoke-free yarn from a smoke free home.
- Since these are going to charity, please use acrylic.
- Knit up some newborn, toddler or children's hats (premie to 18 years old). For baby hats, please use any appropriate baby yarn. Worsted weight is probably not the best choice here.
- Knit up an entire blanket (or crochet, quilt, etc.)
- Weave in all loose ends. No need to include extra yarn for joining. I'll take care of that.
- When you're done with your swatches, hats or blankets, email me and I'll send you my mailing address.
For any donations of at least 5 swatches or 5 hats, I'll send you a set of four Knit Notes enclosure cards. You can specify if you want the general Knit Notes or the Baby Knit Notes (pastel mix of colors - blue, pink, yellow and other).
For any donation of an entire blanket (baby, child or adult size) - or 25 swatches (or 25 hats) or more - I'll send you a skein of sock yarn of your choosing from my stash. Here are colors to choose from for the first five donors who meet the requirements.
Deadline to be eligible for this great giving opportunity: March 31, 2013
Just think - you could do a good deed, get rid of your acrylic, and get something good in return - all while giving some child a "Hug from Marienne."
I hope you'll join in the fun!