In January, one of my knitting friends shared a really cute ornament idea, knowing my penchant for knitting up small cute animals. Naturally, I fell in love. Equally as expectant, this project langored on the needles for months until last week. I started to work in earnest to finish up many of my WIPs and UFOs and decided it was time to complete the four little Penguin Poppers I had started at the beginning of the year.
Who can resist an adorable penguin - especially one in a pink winter hat?
- Pattern - Penguin Poppers by Jill Arnusch (Ravelry link)
- US Size 1 needles
- Knit Picks Palette yarn for everything except the variegated portion of the hat
- Odds and ends variegated fingering weight yarn from my leftover sock yarn bin for the hat
- Suncatcher Craft Eyes - 6 mm
- I replaced the feet from the Penguin Poppers pattern with the feet from Cordell the Owl (except I used US Size 1 needles and fingering weight yarn)