I put together a total of seven silent auction items for tonight's fundraiser for our Boy Scout Gala. The big item is the Scout Themed Christmas Tree that I shared with you last night. Others include:
1. TEXTILE MERIT BADGE - Is your Troop looking for a quick and easy merit badge to earn? Maybe you want to try something different. Jennifer brings excitement, videos, hands-on learning; not to mention bugs and scatological humor to this class. I show Scouts how the Textile merit badge can be very male-oriented by showing them the uses of textiles not only in clothing, but also Scouting, camping, sports, exploration and so much more. I provide all the extensive materials for this class including the project kits for each Scout. You need to provide a venue; wi-fi and some adults to help supervise. Scouts told me "This was the most fun I ever had earning a merit badge." VALUE - $15 per Scout in your Troop. Opening Bid - $125 - Budget 5 hours at your location for this very fun class.
2. SILVER BEAVER HAND KNIT HAT - An original design by our very own Major Knitter aka Jennifer Jackson. This beaver hat is made form 100% merino wool. Hand wash. Wear to show off your Silver Beaver pride. Value $50 - opening bid $25
3. HAND KNIT BOY SCOUT FLEUR-DE-LIS BLANKET - This blanket was designed specifically for this year's gala by Major Knitter. It took me an entire month to make (or 1/12 of my annual knitting time.) Use it as the perfect baby gift for that future Scout in your life. It also doubles as a lap blanket or a child's blanket. It's made from a blend of wool and acrylic to make it easy for washing and wear-and-tear. Value - Priceless. IRS value is $200. Opening bid $100
4. KNITTING BASKET - Do you want to learn how to knit? Bid on this very large knitting basket and you'll be well on your way. This kit includes 8 skeins of Yosemite variegated yarn; 4 skeins of Zara merino wool; 3 skeins of Baby Mist Alpaca variegated yarn; 4 skeins of Rowan Summer Tweed; more luxurious yarn; knitting needles; a classic copy of Vogue Knitting's must have resource bible; a private lesson from Major Knitter; patterns for use with the yarn; and numerous accessories. VALUE $528 - Opening bid - $150
5. CHOCOLATE LOVERS BASKET - Who doesn't love chocolate? This box contains gourmet chocolate for every person in your house: Keep it for yourself -- or share it with others. There's sure to be something for everyone. Kit includes: two boxes of Godiva; Chocolate covered bacon; Lindt truffles; a one-pound bar of dark chocolate; Ferrero Rocher; Ghirardelli Chocolate and so much more. Value $160 - Opening bid - $80
6. NEEDLEWORK LOVERS BASKET - Kits for the new or experienced needleworker. You'll find lovely kits for children, plus sophisticated kits for adults with a lovely pair of Gingher stork embroidery scissors, DMC cross stitch floss, needles, patterns, a terry cloth baby hooded blanket and bib with cross stitch; blank Aida 14 count canvas; two tea towels for embroidery and more. Value: $316 - Opening bid - $95
These amazing baskets are available for you to bid on. All the funds go to support our five camps in Connecticut Yankee Council. Contact me if you'd like to place a bid.
Remember, bid high, bid often.